This post contains affiliate links.
Hungarian summer green pea soup – Zöldborsóleves
Welcome a little summer into your kitchen with fresh vegetables. The green peas are in season from June to end of July. Hungarian summer green pea soup is most delicious with the freshest peas you can find, but of course sometimes those will be ones from the freezer. It is cooked with home made pinched noodles, in Hungarian we call it ‘Csipetke’, one of the fastest homemade noodles to prepare. Their name comes from the way they are formed.
Pinches of dough, small rolled pieces about the size of a lemon seed, dropped into rapidly boiling soup or water and cooked until tender.
A light vegetable soup spiced with Hungarian sweet paprika powder and fresh parsley.
Hungarian green pea soup - Zöldborsóleves
Welcome a little summer into your kitchen with fresh vegetables. This soup is most delicious with the freshest peas you can find, but of course sometimes those will be ones from the freezer. It is cooked with homemade pinched noodles,
- Soup pot
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Smaller bowl
- Wooden spoon
For the green pea soup
- 3.5 cups fresh shelled green peas
- 1 medium Spanish onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1⁄4 inch slices
- 1 medium parsley root or parsnio peeled and cut into 1⁄4 inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 1 medium kohlrabi peeld cut into smaller cubes
- 1 tbsp all purposse flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika powder