Classic Butter Cookies Recipe – Vajas Keksz
Classic butter cookies are one of those cookies that everyone loves. The homemade version is way better than what you would find in the grocery stores.
They keep well longer than most cookies, crisp and tender with rich butter flavor.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- 100 grams (0.5 cup) of white sugar
- 200 grams (7/8 cup) of unsalted butter – room temperature
- 300 grams (2 cups) of all purpose flour
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (or a teaspoon of vanilla extract)r
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- Cube the butter and beat it with the sugar until fluffy
- Mix in the vanilla extract (if you are using extract not vanilla sugar) and the egg yolk. Sift in the flour and combine. Divide the dough in half, wrap each half tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll the dough out to 1/5-inch thickness. Cut the dough into as many cookies as possible. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with sugar. Bake them for about 12-15 minutes, or until is starts to brown.
- Cool completely before serving your delicious classic butter cookies.
I am very proud that you can take my cooking classes from everywhere on the planet.
I teamed up with “THE CHEF & THE DISH” featured on Forbes, NBC, CBS National, Fine Dining Lovers and many more publications. The Chef and The Dish is an online cooking class that connects people at home with chefs from around the world. With plenty of chefs from around the world, The Chef and The Dish brings them straight into your kitchen (virtually) for an in-depth and fun cooking class.
To get more information or to book a virtual, interactive class please visit the Hungarian section of “THE CHEF & THE DISH”.
Leave A Comment